#hackthemix: Vegan Banana Bread & Butter Pudding with Vegan Creamy Custard
Turn your leftover vegan banana bread into a warming delicious dessert. We defrosted our frozen leftover slices of vegan banana bread in the microwave for 2 minutes so it was easy to cut and ready to go to make our Banana Bread & Butter Pudding.
6 pieces of leftover baked Vegan Big Banana Bread
Handful of chopped walnuts or dairy free chocolate
500ml soya milk (or alternative plant based milk)
80g caster sugar
1tbs vanilla extract / paste
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan).
1. Blend your soya milk, caster sugar, corn flour and vanilla in a blender until smooth
2. Pour your milk mixture into a saucepan and add yellow food colouring
3. Continuously stir on a medium heat until custard thickens
4. Lay 3 slices of banana bread into an oven proof dish
5. Pour enough custard to cover the banana bread and sprinkle with walnuts/chocolate
6. Top with remaining 3 slices of banana bread and spread more custard on top. Decorate with any banana bread crumbs you may have.
7. Bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated170 degree oven.
8. Serve with more dreamy custard, because you deserve it!