#hackthemix: Vegan Banana Bread Fairy Cupcakes - baking with kids
Stuck for ideas during half-term? Get your little bakers baking and turn your banana bread mix into fun fairy cupcakes! You can use an original mix for this recipe if you don't want to make vegan cupcakes but we promise you, you won't even be able to tell the difference!
1 x Vegan Big Banana Bread Bake at Home Mix
4 over ripe bananas, mashed
50ml vegetable or sunflower oil
60ml dairy-free milk
80g peanut butter
70g coconut yoghurt
20g icing sugar plus extra for dusting
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan).
1. Line your cupcake tin with cupcake cases
2. Mash your bananas, add milk, oil and banana bread mix. Stir until combined.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 17-18 minutes or until a skewer comes clean.
4. Leave cupcakes to cool on a wire cooling rack.
5. Mix peanut butter, coconut yoghurt and icing sugar together until combined.
6. Cut a hole into your cupcakes with a knife - make sure you don't go all the way through! You just want it deep it enough to fill the centre with your filling.
7. Cut your rounds into half to create 'fairy wings'
8. Pipe or spoon your filling into the centre of your cupcakes.
9. Finish your cupcakes by placing your 'fairy wings' into the centre so they stick
out like wings and dust with icing sugar.