#hackthemix: Banana Bread Custard Cream Biscuit Cake
Post Easter, we had a bit of fun with our leftover Easter eggs and moldyfundotcom's custard cream biscuit cake mould. We hacked our banana bread mix to create a delicious biscuit/cake - the fun and delicious factor did not disappoint!
Instead of custard cream, we filled ours with cream cheese filling to complement our banana bread biscuit cake.
2 x Original Big Banana Bread Bake at Home Mixes
6 over ripe bananas, mashed
180ml vegetable or sunflower oil
150g butter, melted in the microwave for 40 seconds
4 free range eggs
Handful of leftover Easter eggs or a mixture of dark & milk chocolate
(chopped up), optional
Icing sugar for dusting
Cream Cheese Buttercream:
125g butter, room temperature
125g icing sugar, sifted
250g cream cheese, room temperature
1tbs vanilla bean paste
Preheat your oven to 150 degrees (fan).
1. Mash your bananas.
2. Add oil, butter and eggs - stir until combined.
3. Add banana bread mix and stir until just mixed.
4. Crush Easter eggs with a rolling pin and then add to batter.
5. Spray mould with baking or cooking oil spray
6. Bake in oven for 1 hour and 55 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean)
7. Let your cake cool and then cut in half
8. To make your creamed fill centre, cream your butter with an electric mixer
9. Add icing sugar and beat until combined. Then add cream cheese and vanilla. Beat again until it comes together like whipped cream.
10. Pipe cream cheese frosting into the middle of your banana bread custard cream cake. Place the other half of the cake on top and dust with icing sugar.