#hackthemix: Banana Bread Crumble
The first recipe of many ways to turn your simple banana bread mix into the extraordinary!
Here's our quick hack to making a crunchy golden delicious topping for your banana bread.
1 x Original or Vegan Big Banana Bread Bake at Home Mix
160g plain flour
50g light brown muscovado sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla powder
100g butter/vegan butter equivalent, melted in the microwave for 30 seconds (or stove top)
50g oats (optional)
handful of demerara sugar for sprinkling
1. Make banana bread as per instructions on carton (up to pouring into a lined loaf tin) - do not bake banana bread at this point
2. Combine the dry ingredients above into a bowl
3. Add melted butter to use finger tips to mix into a crumb
4. Sprinkle crumb onto prepared banana bread
5. Grab a handful of your demerara sugar and sprinkle on top of your banana bread loaf
6. Bake in a preheated oven on 150 degrees fan for 65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and your crumble is nice and brown.