My First Banana Bread Birthday Cupcakes
This recipe is for Katie who recently wrote to me asking for a tasty banana bread recipe for her soon to be 1 year old baby. As a mother myself, I’m always on the look out for tasty refined sugar free recipes that don’t compromise on taste so I hope this one doesn’t disappoint. This recipe takes 10 mins to prepare so it’s easy to make during nap times!
I’ve used a mixture of mini and standard cupcake tins for 3 reasons: - 1/ you are able to control portion size 2/ they are easy to pick up for busy little fingers and 3/ easy to freeze for time poor days when you or your baby want a healthy snack on the go
- 4 over-ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or sunflower oil
- 55g unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 free range eggs
- 160g apple purée
- 1tbs of vanilla extract
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- 1tsp of bi-carbonate soda
- 2 cups (330g) self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan forced)
- Mash your over ripe bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the wet ingredients to your bananas (oil, melted butter, eggs, apple purée).
- Then add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix until combined and pour into your chosen lined tin/s.
- Bake for 10 mins or until just cooked through. If you are baking a loaf or cake, bake for 50 minutes.