Baby Banana Muffins
My baby boy just turned 1 so I wanted to create something special for him with minimal sugar. Here is my recipe for Banana Bread Muffins, perfect for babies and toddlers. I also couldn't resist one with a nice cup of tea which is why you see only 5 muffins here, instead of 6!
As always, use up those left over-ripe bananas in your fruit bowl. No more excuses to ever throw those out again.
Makes 6 muffins.
- 2 over-ripe bananas (mashed)
- 55g unsalted butter, softened (room temperature)
- 50g apple puree
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 free range egg
- 125g plain flour, sifted
- 1tbs of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of bi-carbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan forced)
- Line your cupcake tin with cupcake/muffin paper liners
- Mash your over ripe bananas with a fork or potato masher
- Cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Then add all remaining ingredients, including your bananas
- Mix until combined and spoon 2 tbs into each cupcake liner
- Bake for 15 mins or until brown and cooked through